Do you have a problem with your feet that is not going way?
- Does it hurt when you walk?
- Have you tried different shoes and over the counter inserts?
- Is it affecting your knees and back?
- Have you stopped doing cardio?
These are all problems associated with improper footwear and foot support. If you don’t take care of these issues they could get worse and require the need for surgery. Fixing these problems can be easy with the right orthotics.
Custom orthotics are scientifically made to your specific foot. Not every person’s foot is the same, therefore a non-custom orthotic bought at your local drugstore will not provide the same benefits.
Custom orthotics can correct a vast majority of foot and ankle problems. These problems mostly occur because your foot is not functioning like it is supposed to, in a neutral position (not rotating inward or outward). Thus not allowing your entire foot and ankle structure to do what it is supposed to.
If this sounds like you, custom foot orthotics may be the right choice. Feel the difference everyday at home, work, and play…your feet will thank you.
Custom Orthotics can help to:
- Reduce Pain
- Avoid Injuries
- In some cases prevent the need for surgery
- Alleviate knee and back problems
- Correct improper walking/running form
We have a technically advanced 3D Orthotic Scanning System to give you the most accurate fit possible. Many companies offer orthotics reputed to give results equal to those prescribed by a podiatrist’s office. THIS IS NOT TRUE!
3D Foot Scanning Technology
The orthotics offered in this office are customized to the exact contour of your foot through a precise three dimensional (“3D”) scanning system.
We have a state-of-the-art 3D foot scanner right in our office so that you can have an accurate scan done of your feet right when you come in for your appointment.
The orthotics are made for you and they are unique to you and your foot – like your fingerprint!
Why are drug store orthotics not as good as custom orthotics?
Most “orthotics,” or so they are incorrectly called, found in drug stores and supermarkets offer cushioning, but little to no support. These shoe inserts are not custom molded to your exact foot type and shape, therefore not properly correcting the specific problem that you have.
Orthotics are like glasses
You would not go to your local drugstore and put your face into a machine and let it tell you which of the 5 glasses it offers is best for your vision. Also like glasses, orthotics only work when you have them on.
Once they have been prescribed they should be checked yearly, or more frequently if your foot size changes. They can also slow down the affects of aging on your feet and ankles.
It’s not just about how high your arch is
Orthotics should be customized specifically for your foot type, deformities, joint function, and symptoms. All of these things should be taken into consideration when building the best orthotic for your foot.
Contrary to popular belief, it is about more than just whether your arch is flat, high, or in between.
That machine at your local drugstore and other large chain retailers does not check your joints to see how they function. It also does not analyze your unique walking pattern, it only measures the foot size, arch type, and your weight.
The function of your joints must be taken into consideration for the orthotics to work properly. These types of tests can and should, only be performed by a qualified podiatrist.
Sandal and Clog Orthotics
New – we are proud to offer a new way to wear your orthotics.
With custom sandal or clog orthotics you can be casted for a pair of orthotics that are custom made to fit inside a pair of specialized sandals or clogs chosen and purchased by you. There are a variety of styles and colors available from notable brands such as Birkenstock.
The orthotics may be covered by your health insurance and we will happily check your benefits at no extra charge. The actual sandals are not covered by insurance and the cost is subject to the brand and style chosen.
Here is a testimonial from one of our Custom Orthotics patients:
Typical Applications of Custom Orthotics:
- For everyday wear in your shoes – The purpose of custom molded orthotics is to help your feet function properly by aligning the foot and the ankle to prevent stress on the heel, arch, or forefoot. They equalize the pressures in the feet and can prevent or reduce the severity of bunions, hammerotes, arthritis, and heel spurs.
- In your running shoes – to help prevent over use injuries to the joints and tendons of the foot ankle, and leg.
- In your sport specific shoes – to cushion and support your foot and help prevent stress on bones, joints, tendons, and prevent injury.
- In ski boots – to support the foot and reduce pressure on the knees.
- In golf shoes – especially if you walk the course, to support and cushion the heel and hold the legs in proper alignment with the ankle and foot.
- Even High Heels – yes we can make orthotics for ANY shoes!.
- For the elderly – to help with loss of cushioning in the forefoot and heel due to the loss or reduction of the normal fat pad.
- For children – that suffer from in-toe or out-toe walking, flat feet, high arched feet, or heel pain. They are especially important for children with a family history of foot deformities and problems. Custom molded orthotics when worn in children who are still growing can positively influence the development of the bones and joints and minimize bunions, hammertoes, arthritis, and heel spurs.
- For diabetic patients – to cushion calluses, remove tension from painful nerves, distribute pressure equally across the bottom of the foot, and prevent open sores from developing which often lead to infection and amputation.
Get Custom Orthotics The Right Way
If you have tried store bought orthotics with poor results or and/or you want the best type of orthotics for your feet and specific condition. Give us a call today at 301-937-5666 or fill out the form on our appointment request page to schedule your appointment.