These 7 things may help ease the pain and pressure that your bunion is causing you:
1. Losing weight can take added pressure off of your feet and ease some of the pressure.
2. Use protection for the bunion such as a moleskin or gel pad commonly purchased as your local drugstore.
3. Utilizing a splint while you sleep to align your toe straight and take away some of the discomfort.
4. Over the counter anti-inflammatory medications like ibuprofen.
5. Soak your toe in warm water, icing the bunion, getting a massage, and ultrasound therapy.
6. Custom Orthotics – inserts for your shoes to keep your foot in the proper position.
7. Make sure that when you purchase shoes, they are the proper size and fit correctly.
Always consult a qualified podiatrist anytime you are dealing with any foot and/or ankle conditions.
If you are still experiencing pain after trying these methods, give us a call today at 301-937-5666 (or fill out the form on the top right of this page) to schedule your appointment.
One of our podiatrists will thoroughly evaluate your bunion to give you your best treatment options. We always start with the least invasive options first.